Match the word combinations with the Russian equivalents.
High quality lifestyle
Тишина и спокойствие
Чувствовать одиноко, изолированно
High rate of unemployment
Peace and quiet
Правильный образ жизни
Высокий уровень безработицы
| || || || || || |
Use Present Continuous or Present Simple to complete the sentences.
Where’s Jane? – She ______________________ a shower. (have)
My lessons ___________ at 9.00. (start)
Tom never ___________ computer games before he ___________ his homework. (play, finish)
Nick and Peter _______________ chess at the moment. (play)
____ you ______________ a cow these days? (milk) – Yes, I ____.
What time _______ your train _________? (leave)
Put the words in the correct order.
• and/Alex/to look/professor/around/decided.
• in/ We /were/city/the/center/the/of.
4. Задание на чтение. Заполните пропуски в рассказе нужными словами: mother, loves, calm, angry, marks.
I think everyone (1)……… his mother and admires her, right? My mother is my role model and is perfect to me. Whatever happens she is always (2)………. It looks like nothing can make her sad or (3)………. That's why she never gets angry with me because of some small things or bad (4)……… at school. I realize that I am a daughter of my (5)………. I want to look like my mom.
. Underline the correct word.
This film is the ………..film ever!
a. most successful b. more successful c. succesfullest
He is ……….at playing the violin than his brother.
a. better b. good c. best
Mary is ……….than Garth.
a. funniest b. funnier c. funny
That is the ……..film I’ve seen in ages!
a. worst b. badest c. worse
James is….. than Mike.
a. tallest b. taller c. tall (5*2=10)
Fill in the question tags.
We are running out of freshwater, ______?
a. aren’t we b. isn’t we c. are we
The world has got warmer, ___________ ?
a. hasn’t it b. has it c. hasn’t he
The oil killed many fish, ______________?
a. did it b. didn’t it c. don’t it
It is wrong to drop litter on the street, ____?
a. is it b. isn’t it c. it isn’t
You didn’t take those cans to the recycling bank, ___?
a. didn’t I b. do I c. did I (5*2= 10)
5. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense.
36. He usually …….(drink) coffee in mornings.
a. is drinking b. drinks
37. At the moment they………. (play) football.
a. is playing b. are playing
38. Jane …….(read) the newspaper when the phone rang.
a. read b. was reading
39. We ……..(move) house in 2000.
a. have been moving b. have moved
40. They ……just ………(plant) flowers.
a. have planted b. have been planting
6. Put the verbs in brackets in the present simple or present continuous.
41. Every Monday, Sally_______________________________(drive) her kids to football practice.
42. Shhh! Be quite! John______________________________________(sleep).
43. Jenny usually ________________________ __________(do) her homework in the evening.
44. She _______________________________ (be) always late for breakfast.
45. I ____________________________________________ (not/understand) what you are saying to me.